Children’s Aid Society’s Because We Care Campaign
As we approached our 100th year of service, the leadership of Children’s Aid Society began to look forward to the next 100 years. What would it take to make sure that the organization was prepared to meet the needs of children in the future? In early 2013 a feasibility study was done to determine if Children’s Aid Society should conduct a campaign to raise funds to make the agency stronger and enhance its services. From this feasibility study grew the Because We Care Campaign with a goal of raising $2 million in three years.
In July 2013 the campaign began quietly raising funds and talking with community leaders about our goals. By the end of the fiscal year, June 30, 2014, Children’s Aid Society’s Board of Directors and strong supporters had pledged $716,000. With this start Children’s Aid Society launched the public phase of the campaign with the goal of raising the remaining $1,284,000 by June 30, 2016.
Our Goal – $2 Million
- $217,000 to eliminate our debt by paying off a mortgage. This will reduce our monthly expenses and mean more money for services.
- $868,000 to build our endowment fund so that we can use our investments to pay at least two therapists’ salaries each year.
- $700,000 to enhance and expand our services for children by adding more staff, renovating facilities, and providing additional services.
- $65,000 to upgrade the technological hardware and software used to manage the organization and program services.
- $150,000 in campaign costs and contingencies over the three to five years that the campaign will be underway and pledges will be collected.
Our Campaign Case examines each of these goals in detail.
The early gifts to the campaign have already resulted in improvements at Children’s Aid Society:
- A full-time play therapist was added to the staff of the Frances Leiter Center in Chambersburg eliminating the waiting list for services there and increasing the number of children helped by 200%
- A part-time Clinical Supervisor has been hired to provide therapists with professional supervision and guidance
- The antiquated phone systems at the Frances Leiter Center and The Nicarry Center have been replaced
- The HVAC system at the Frances Leiter Center has been replaced
- The computer systems at The Lehman Center, The Nicarry Center, and the Frances Leiter Center have been upgraded
Your Gift and the Challenge
Your gift is needed to help provide services to children like Christopher, Mia, and Savannya and if you are a new donor or you have not made a gift to Children’s Aid Society since 2008, your gift will be matched dollar for dollar up to $25,000 through a challenge grant made by a campaign donor. Please fill out a Campaign Gift Form and send your gift in today.
Our Campaign Leadership
Chairman: Eli Mast
Lead Gifts: Jacob Hershey
Auditor: Arlene Martin
Secretary: Melinda Lauer and Judy Hartman
Publicity: Theresa Eshbach
Consultant: John H. Miller
Staff: Jan Zeigler, CFRE