CAS Logo Covid 19 Banner

...

...

CAS History

History

In 1913, Children’s Aid Society (CAS) was organized at the home of Sudie Mae Wingert of Waynesboro as an outreach of the Southern Pennsylvania District Church of the Brethren that promoted rescuing neglected, dependent and orphaned children. Soon thereafter, CAS began offering foster care services and opened a children’s home in Carlisle, PA. As times and society’s perception of orphanages changed, Children’s Aid Society adapted its focus to concentrate on meeting the emotional needs of children as well as their immediate physical needs. Through the dedication and contributions of many loyal supporters, especially devoted people of faith, Children’s Aid Society has been able to open and operate three centers that address child welfare and child-parent relationships.

Reaching our 100th Anniversary milestone in 2013, CAS strives to prove itself flexible and responsive in providing children’s ministries to a society in the midst of change.

Administrative Office

343 Lincoln Way West New Oxford PA 17350
Phone: 717-624-4461
Email: info@cassd.org

Search

 

Sign up to learn how you can help support Children’s Aid Society and receive the latest updates on our work.

   © 2019 Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Powered By Create Socially